For some, the funeral or memorial service is a ceremony, which serves as the last chance to say goodbye to our deceased loved one. For others, it is a way to celebrate or honour the life and works of the deceased. For the people left behind, planning a funeral is often an overwhelming and extremely challenging task to do.
The guests who will attend shall be considered – how would they want to remember the deceased? More importantly, the deceased shall be respected and considered. There are those who cannot decide on minute details because they had no idea what the deceased would have wanted. Well, you can avoid that. We can help the people we will left behind by planning some details about our own funeral.
Pre-planning services are now available. You may want to visit www.gentrygriffey.com, to know more. To help you get started, here are some tasks for you:
1) Decide if you want to have a traditional burial or you want to undergo cremation.One advantage of pre-planning is you get to decide on what happens to your remains. Whether you like to be buried or cremated, we, at www.gentrygriffey.com, can assist the people you leave behind in organizing the funeral through our embalming and cremating services.
2) Decide if you want a traditional funeral or a memorial service.The main difference between the two would be whether the body will be present or not. Most prefer a funeral to see the deceased one last time before the burial while some prefer memorial service because it focuses on the life lived by the deceased.
3) Choose a location.You may have a specific location in mind then it is good to make this wish known to your family members and friends. Others opt to have the funeral or memorial service in their own homes. If you do not have a specific place in mind, you can simply decide whether you want the ceremony to be held indoors or outdoors.
We have a beautiful garden in case you would want to have an outdoor ceremony. If you’d want an indoor ceremony, we also have a beautiful venue, which includes a traditional chapel. Our venue can accommodate either small or large services. Photographs can be viewed at www.gentrygriffey.com.
4) Decide on how you want the funeral or memorial service to feel.You can decide if you want the funeral to be formal or a little bit more personal. You may opt to follow religious and cultural traditions or you may opt to highlight certain aspects of your life.
Do you want photographs to be displayed at the service? Displays can help a lot in setting the tone of the funeral. Displays can help make guests feel like they are closer to you for one last time. You can also start deciding on what kind of music to be played at the funeral or service?
Would you like a specific song to be played? You can choose songs that will remind people of you or songs that can help the people you leave behind say goodbye. We also offer a Celebration of Life DVD where photographs can be played. For more information, go to gentrygriffey.
5) Decide on the people who have to be there.Make a list of guests you want to be part of your funeral or memorial service. Furthermore, you may designate special roles such as the officiator and who would get to deliver eulogies. You can also decide on the tasks people can be responsible for such as who will decide on flowers. The funeral or memorial service is the place to celebrate your life and with pre-planning, you can decide on who should be a part of it.
Pre-planning your funeral or memorial service has a lot of advantages. You have an assurance that all your wishes will be followed, but more importantly, you can relieve the stress that all your relatives and friends will undergo when organizing your funeral or memorial service. For more details on pre-planning, visit our site.